1. HARPOON. Early authentic toggle harpoon head,
has never been used and is as found, rough casting.
This toggle head came from the Clifford W. Ashley
estate. Ashley was an author, artist and collector
of whaling antiques. During the early 20th century
he went on a whaling voyage on the Whaleship Sun-
2. MALLET. Authentic caulking mallet with 4 iron
bands. This mallet is new/old stock. Old but in new un-
used condition. $19.95.
3. LIST. Scarce copy of the Whaleman's Shipping List &
Merchants Transcript. We have several different copies
available, mostly 1900's. Typical newspaper condition
but all is ledgible. $14.99.
4. PHOTOGRAPH. Panoramic photograph titled RADIO DIVISION
2ND. DIST U.S. NAVAL R.F. JULY 1918. 9" X 17", sight, plus original frame.
Image is a bit faded, but still clear. Glass is dirty. $19.99
5. HINGES. Solid bronze yachting hinges. The hinges are
of the highest quality and are new/old stack, never used.
Hinges are 3 1/2" X 3 1/2" and come in the original box
with screws as well. Made by McKinney Mfg. Co. Pgh.
Pa. $9.99 per set (2 hinges)
6. SAILMAKER'S NEEDLES. Early sailmaker's needles in orig-
inal packing and made by John James & Sons Redditch Made
in England. Set contains 25 2 1/2" needles. Package is sealed.
7. SCRIMSHAW CANE. Exceptional scrimshaw cane made of
whale bone and whale tooth ivory. The handle is carved ivory
in the form of a turk's head knot, the whale bone shaft is carv-
ed with a cross hatch design and rope turning to the metal
ferrule. An exceptional cane in fine condition. $7500.
8. PORT HOLE. Nickel/brass port hole. Overall size is 9” in
diameter with the glass measuring apprx. 6” in diameter. Some
nickel finish is peeling otherwise in very good condition. Comp-
lete with outer mounting ring. $79.
9. EXCEPTIONAL PAIR OF KNOT WORK BECKETS. An exceptional
pair of knot work beckets.This pair of sea chest handles are not
antique but are indeed much better in quality of most of the anti-
que beckets available. 8 pointed star leather dividers and cleat.
Apprx. 9" in length and in excellent condition and you do not
have to worry about this pair breaking when lifting a chest. This
type of sailor knot work is a dying art. Very difficult to make. $195.
ALL ITEMS ARE SOLD AS IS. SHIPPING AND INSURANCE IS NOT INCLUDED IN PRICE. ALL PRICES ARE FIRM.